Mission and History
Trinity Boston Foundation’s mission is to unlock opportunity and change the odds for the youth of Boston.
In partnership, we build communities that:
- affirm, inspire, and empower youth and their families;
- offer holistic support for physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being; and
- strengthen community health and cohesion across Boston.
The Foundation opened its doors in 2007 and has impacted the lives of hundreds of Boston youth. Our programs build strong, safe, and healthy communities and empower youth to access opportunities and beat the odds. These youth have a greater likelihood of:
- leading lives of their own design;
- becoming leaders within their communities; and
- completing high school with a degree and/or clear career paths.
Trinity Boston Foundation is a nonprofit organization (501(c)3). Rooted in the unique community of Trinity Church in Boston’s historic Copley Square, the Trinity Boston Foundation is defined by its capacity for innovation and leadership. The Foundation builds on the heritage Trinity Church offers, seeking ways to connect, collaborate and serve. As a separately incorporated subsidiary of Trinity Church Boston, we leverage the resources of the Church on behalf of our mission and the Church’s priorities. Our programs honor and respect individuals of all faith traditions, including those with no faith tradition.